Monday, April 26, 2010

things i heard during worship

i had a great seat, i was doing sound so i got to control the volume. i was also partially responsible for the feedback that happened at the end of the service though.

Marcus led worship. i love that guy. he's so ecumenical and so inclusive. i heard someone say how much they'll miss his wife when the move to the farm community they've started but i personally will mis Marcus a ton.

"We do not own God, rather if we look at today's gospel reading we see that it's actually the opposite that is true. I'm pleased to see in the missal for the prayers of the people that we pray for all believers of all faiths."



The Gospel reading is taken from John Chapter 10.

The one who enters by the gate is the shepherd of the sheep. The gatekeeper opens the gate for him, and the sheep hear his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. When he has brought out all his own, he goes ahead of them, and the sheep follow him because they know his voice. They will not follow a stranger, but they will run from him because they do not know the voice of strangers.
I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.
I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me, just as the Father knows me and I know the Father. And I lay down my life for the sheep.

This is the Gospel of the Lord. Praise to you Lord Jesus Christ.

how often we are adament that we are in control, that we know how things are, that we are right and everyone else is wrong. this much i do know, the Good Shepherd owns this sheep and i know his voice.
who am i to say that you're not hearing that same voice.

No comments: