Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Coming Home

i've had the Skylar portion of Diddy's song "Coming Home" (that would be the chorus) going through my head for about 24 hours now. the Diddy portion of the tune is actually decent if you ask me, he gets introspective and there are definite portions when he spoke to me but still ... Skylar speaks to me most here.

I'm Coming Home, Coming Home
Tell the World I'm Coming Home
Let the Rain wash away, all the pain of yesterday
I know my Kingdom awaits, and they've forgiven my mistakes.
I'm Coming Home, Coming Home
Tell the World I'm Coming Home

it's fine for me to be thinking on this thought during Lent when i'm supposed to be considering my own introspection, my own return home ... to God ... to my life ... to my world. i woke at 445 this morning and laid in bed til 530 and thought. i've been thinking too much lately actually. it's mostly about worry about what is ahead and where things are going and how to adjust to change or even if i can.
so i got up. i had to go to the S's place this morning to check in on their pup while they're away for a couple days, i'll be back there after work too. the pup's a thrill because she acts like i'm her guy and in many ways ... i am ... she's my pup too.

sometimes i just find that life is so hard

but

I'm Coming Home, Coming Home
Tell the World I'm Coming Home
Let the Rain wash away, all the pain of yesterday
I know my Kingdom awaits, and they've forgiven my mistakes.
I'm Coming Home, Coming Home
Tell the World I'm Coming Home


No comments: